Followers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New-ish lens continued

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day to get out & shoot. Cool & crisp- I could hear my dad doing his "WHOOOH its a bit cool today dontcha think"

Had to get a new cache of cat food & I was on my way. Over to Eaux Vive & then I dont know where I wandered to. Saw some really neat apartments that had patios (somewhat rare in Geneve) & just imagined having one of our own...... Le sigh :)

Anyway- I think I really love this lens!!! Learning to get back, WAY BACK as compared to my 14mm lens- but talk about getting another whole perspective on a subject- its taken me this long??? I have had zoom lenses before so they are nothing new to me- but those were shooting with an SLR-  I LOVED my Canon AE-1- I still have it- although its in a box & hasnt really been touched since I went digital. I digress....... So the new lens- great feature that isnt a part of the 14mm- when I upload into Iphoto, the vertical shots are automatically rotated- a bit of a time saver for sure & a nice feature. 

Crossed the Mont Blanc bridge & it was nice to see the flags of Geneve & Suisse all unfureled  & enjoying the sun. They are so much nicer than the Doner Kebab ones they put up. Took this one from the left bank as it had better light. Not @ full zoom & still quite crisp.


Noticed a few sea gulls on a tie off rope, so I got down on the wall & went to a full zoom- still quite nice.







I liked the shadows & the different architectural elements in this shot of an apartment building in Eaux Vive.
 AH- one of my most FAVORITE buildings in Geneve- this one by Le Corbusier-"Immeuble Clarté". Looks like they have done some renovating on the exterior since the last time I stopped to take a look- it was looking a bit worn. What a treasure to have this building in Geneve. The apartments look to be 2 story loft type- so I can only imagine they arent very big- Id still want one though BIG TIME!!!!
 Random guy who thinks we are all astronauts gathering a crowd along the Pont de la machine- he was talking about something & seemed pretty engageing as people were stopping to talk to him- no idea as it was all in the Francais......

No comments: